- • Monday – Friday position
• Career Opportunities
• Fast Paced Food Environment
Golden Cockerel is a progressive and well established poultry processing company with its head office and production plant situated in Mt Cotton, Qld. We require a Food Technologist to join the QA department.
This is an autonomous role within a small team of dedicated staff. This role offers and requires a level of flexibility.
The role of the Food Technologist will be to assist the QA Department and production in applying scientific principles in food research, product development, production technology, food safety, quality controls, packaging and processing to formulate and develop new products.
You will consult with QA, Production, Finance, Customers, Flavour Houses and Packaging Specialists to deliver innovative new product ideas and process improvements.
With your experience within the food industry, you will have good knowledge of product development, processing, packaging, and ingredient functionality.
Some key responsibilities of the role include:
- Participate in the new product process including weekly meetings and product launches
- Monitor the progression of new products and product changes
- Verification of labels – initial, at change and annually
- Maintain product specifications
- Aid in process improvement investigations
- Conduct yield testing
- Coordinate product trials and samples
- Work with customers to help achieve the APCO targets
- Liaise with suppliers during new artwork for packaging and labelling
- Conduct cooking validations
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Food Technology or Food Science
- Strong interest in food technology and new product development
- Knowledge of food production within processing and food safety standards
- Cooking skills
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross functional disciplines
- The ability to create and present ideas to senior management
- The Ability to work autonomously, displaying initiative
- Experience in Food Manufacturing is desirable
- Experience working with external customers is desirable
Any interested candidates should apply using the links. While we appreciate your application please note that only applicants who are successful in securing an interview will be contacted.