Golden Cockerel is a well-established and successful poultry processing company with its head office and processing plant located at Mt Cotton.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for providing timely mechanical support to our production teams and performing general mechanical maintenance tasks throughout the facility.
- • Full time position
- • Mt Cotton Location
- • Monday to Friday fixed roster (2 to 10 pm)
Duties will include:
- Maintaining processing and packing equipment
- Fault finding and timely repairs
- Preventative maintenance of plant and equipment, including maintenance activities on Saturday (as per roster)
- Maintaining compliance to internal safety and food quality systems and programs
- Identifying equipment reliability improvement opportunities
The ideal applicant should possess:
- Qualifications in mechanical fitting or relevant.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude towards the job
- Familiarity with a planned maintenance approach (MEX)
- Flexibility in availability to work – during weekends to meet production needs.
Highly regarded additional experience in:
- Poultry industry
- FMCG Manufacturing
- HACCP knowledge
Any interested candidates should apply using the links. While we appreciate your application please note that only applicants who are successful in securing an interview will be contacted.