We are currently seeking to appoint a suitably experienced Plant Manager.
this role will report to our Chief Operations Officer.
This position has responsibility for all of the plant processing from live bird reception through to final packaged products.
Responsibility for meeting customer requirements, while complying to all Animal Welfare, OH&S, Quality System and Maintenance requirements.
Responsibility for delivering optimum productivity and costs through effective use of all assets, materials, equipment and human resources.
The key areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Ensuring high standards of OH&S and food safety are maintained as a priority.
- Overseeing all operations of production.
- Overseeing the production supervisory team.
- Overseeing effective daily/weekly maintenance activities while meeting budget
- Overseeing daily production scheduling in order to meet customer requirements
- Overseeing inventory control and replenishment of all packaging & ingredients requirements
- Facilitating employee ownership and continuous improvement of main cost drivers
The successful applicant must meet the following essential criteria:
- At least 5 years of experience in a production managerial position within the food industry.
- Possess formal tertiary qualifications in management or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer technology experience
- Thorough knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality standards and Preventative Maintenance principles.
This is a senior position and the salary package will be reflective of skills, qualifications and experience.